Our firm is an independent Registered Investment Advisor and has partnered with Schwab Advisor Services to provide investment management services on a “fee-only” basis for our clients. Assets managed by our firm are custodied at Charles Schwab.
Our firm utilizes a fundamental approach of investment management founded on extensive academic research into capital markets with a concentration on the relationship between risk and reward. Quite simply, the greater the acceptable level of risk, the greater return on capital an investor should receive. Our role as investment advisors is to help our clients identify an acceptable level of risk given their overall objectives and then build a portfolio that will maintain the risk profile while providing commensurate returns.
Our investment management philosophy is based on the following core principles:
- A sound financial plan should drive your decision-making process in areas relating to your investment portfolio, particularly to identify an acceptable level of risk that fits your long-term goals and objectives.
- Over time, capitalism will make you money. If an investor does not believe this, he should not be a participant in the stock market.
- Asset allocation and diversification are the most important principles of successful long-term investing.
- There is a distinct relationship between risk & reward. An investor should be rewarded when accepting increased levels of portfolio risk.
- Capital markets are highly efficient …. stock prices reflect all relevant information and active investment management is a “zero sum game”.
- “Tilt” or add weight into asset classes that academic research has proven to provide an added dimension of expected return over time.
- Invest in a tax-efficient manner.
- Keep portfolio expenses as low as possible.
- Stay disciplined and resolute in the process – keep emotions out of your decision making and “stay the course.”
If you are interested in learning if your current portfolio, including your 401(k) plan, adheres to a specific investment management strategy, is well-diversified to minimize risk, and is properly allocated to help you meet your long-term planning objectives, we can help.
Please choose from the two options below to schedule an introductory call with one of our Partners and Certified Financial Planners. During this call, you can discuss your financial goals and concerns. It will allow us the opportunity to explain our process, services, and engagements in further detail. From there, we can decide if we are a good fit for each other. We look forward to hearing from you!