We will help you to identify an acceptable level of risk given your overall goals and objectives and build a portfolio that will maintain the risk profile while providing commensurate returns. We are an independent Registered Investment Advisor and partner with Schwab Advisor Services to provide investment advisory services on a “fee-only” basis for our clients. We utilize a fundamental approach of managing assets founded on extensive academic research into capital markets with a concentration on the relationship between risk and reward. Quite simply, the greater the acceptable level of risk, the greater return on capital an investor should receive.
Our investment philosophy is based on the following core principles:
- Over time, capitalism will make you money. If an investor does not believe this, he should not be a participant in the stock market.
- Asset allocation and diversification are the most important principles of successful long-term investing.
- There is a distinct relationship between risk & reward. An investor must be rewarded when accepting increased levels of portfolio risk.
- Markets are highly efficient… stock prices reflect all relevant information and active management is a “zero sum game”.
- “Tilt” or add weight to asset classes that, through proven academic research, have higher expected return over time.
- Invest in a tax-efficient manner.
- Keep portfolio expenses as low as possible.
- Stay disciplined and resolute in the process. You must keep emotions out of your decision making and “stay the course”.
If you are interested in learning if your current portfolio, including your 401(k) plan, is well-diversified to minimize risk and properly allocated to help you meet your long-term planning objectives, please contact a Lane Hipple Financial Advisor for a free comprehensive portfolio analysis.